Other cricket leagues have seen a rise in the popularity of the Indian Premier League in recent years. Many people wait for every year’s IPL because it has a huge fan following. Cricket players from around the world compete in a 20 overs competition known as the International Premier League.
The most dangerous IPL batsman: who is he?
The situation won’t be justified by taking a single name, because so many players compete in the tournament from different countries. So here is our list of 5 of the most dangerous players:
- Kieron Pollard – The West Indies’ Pollard is also one of their most dangerous players. Since then, Pollard has proven his ability on more than one occasion. The Mumbai Indians have won the IPL title five times since Pollard joined them in 2010, more than any other team. A very good all-rounder, he plays all positions. More than 3000 runs have been scored in 164 games during his IPL career.
- Suresh Raina – Following David Pollard on the list are the left-handed Indian openers, Suresh Raina and Sanju Samson. In the Indian Premier League, Raina has scored over 5000 runs. As a player for the Chennai Super Kings, Raina has demonstrated time and time again that he is capable. Against Kings XI Punjab, he had his best game in the 2015 IPL. Rai had 87 runs off 25 balls. Others in the team do not feel much pressure because of his powerful hitting. We haven’t seen a performance this good from Raina in the last 3 seasons. We expect him to return to his old form in the upcoming IPL season.
- Andre Russell – Jamaican cricketer Andre Russell plays international cricket for the West Indies. Russell is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the IPL since he bats exceptionally well. Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to see much of Russell due to several injuries. KKR picked him up in 2015, and he hasn’t broken a sweat since. As well as the Most Valuable Player award, he received the Sportsmanship Award. With eight half-centuries in 74 matches, André has amassed 1,500 runs to date.
- Chris Gayle – He is one of the most dangerous batsmen in the IPL. Gayle has created a lot of excitement in the IPL. The IPL record for runs scored by a player is 175* runs. It took him just 30 deliveries to make that score, hitting 13 fours and 17 sixes.
- Ab De Villiers – South Africa’s superstar is considered IPL’s best player. He doesn’t need an introduction. It doesn’t matter where he hits the ball. The bowlers facing De Villiers have always been under pressure, but he’s never been on the receiving end. De Villiers is a fan favorite. In his IPL career, he has scored over 4800 runs and hit 625 boundaries. Ipl’s most dangerous batsman, without a doubt.
IPL’s most dangerous team
In the IPL among the eight teams, the Mumbai Indians are the most dangerous team. MI has won the IPL title 5 times, a very impressive record. The team does not collapse after one or two wickets fall when Rohit Sharma, Kieron Pollard, or Hardik Pandya play. They do not set big targets or chase them either. Hopefully, they will perform well next season as well.